Friday, December 5, 2014

December Challenge at Craft for the Craic



Good morning! The challenge this month at Craft for the Craic is Favourite Christmas Colours.  I decided to use frosty whites and blues.

The image is from Lily of the Valley, coloured with Inktense Watercolour Pencils.  the 'snow' was made with blobs of white enamel accents.

The background was made with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, a Hero Arts script stamp, Stampendous Frantage, Creative Expressions Gold Cosmic Shimmer Spray and Hero Arts snowflake stamps.  I also used a Hero Arts Elegant Pine stencil and embossing paste for some fun texture.  The bauble was made using Staz-On Cotton White Ink, a docrafts sentiment and Tim Holtz Fragments, backed with a circle of blue card.

I made the card base from some 300 gsm A4 white 'wedding card' I found in Easons for just under 10 euros for 100 sheets, it's lovely card, not as smooth as Neenah but very smooth just the same.  I also found the blue gems that look like fruit pastilles and the silver cord on the bauble was only 99c.  Worth taking a look around your Easons store!

I hope you'll play along with us this month at Craft for the Craic and I'll be back tomorrow with another Christmas card.

I'd like to enter this card into:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Holiday Cards
Virginia's View Challenge - All Things Distressed


Ger x

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card! Love the shimmery background and sweet image! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete