Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lupins


I've been using the distress inks as watercolours again.  This time I white embossed these Creative Expressions lupins.  I spritzed the card with water then used Picked Raspsberry to paint the lupins.  Then I swiped Satly Ocean over the whole card, turning the lupins from pink to lilac, which was the intention.  Then I picked up some more Salty Ocean on the brush and splattered the page.

I was going to put the sentiment on a vellum strip but I found some heat proof acetate and embossed the Hero Arts sentiment with a Cosmic Shimmers viola black, the acetate was then scored and folded behind the card and stuck down. Some leftover card was splodged into the pink and blue ink drops left on the craft sheet, dried, and the butterflies cut from that.

I'd like to enter this into:

Virginia's View Challenge Blog - Watercolour

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ger, I like the lupins and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue water-coloring and little droplets enhances the design! FABULOUS result! Thanks for playing Virginia's View challenge!

    ReplyDelete